With operations in 15 countries, hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. hybris enables "OmniCommerce”: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.
Over 400 companies have chosen hybris, including global B2B sites such as Starbucks, W.W.Grainger and Thomson Reuters as well as consumer brands Bridgestone, P&G, Toys”R”Us, Levi's, and Galeries Lafayette. Both principal industry analyst firms rank our commerce platform among the top two or three in the world.
The successful candidate will be a key player in a global IT support team providing IT infrastructure design, implementation and support to existing and new hybris offices throughout the United States. The role is for a technical, hands-on IT infrastructure manager who will be managing and supporting regional technology and project implementation. The IT manager will work closely with IT staff around the world to implement technical solutions that meet business requirements throughout the United States. The US IT Manager will also be responsible for implementing these solutions and supporting regional technology through hands-on implementation.
You will be located in Chicago, Illinois, reporting to the Senior Manager of IT Operations. You will be primarily responsible for providing IT support to our staff in region, though additionally, you will be involved in the design, administration and support of our outlying infrastructure, such as networking, voice, server and storage technologies. This also includes supporting, upgrading and installing infrastructure throughout the region. hybris is going through very rapid growth, therefore as the United States IT Manager, you will be in a position to make a significant impact by defining, implementing and building up IT processes and technologies to support our company’s growth within the USA.
- Your Responsibilities
- Support of regional IT environment through a hands-on approach
- Management of in-region IT staff as appropriate
- Server hardware, operating system and application provisioning and deployment
- Network, Internet and voice technology deployment
- Participate in design, research and development efforts leading to improvements in existing technical and end user environments
- Business requirements gathering, high level project planning and management reporting
- Contribute to long range planning and budget discussions within a global team
- Your Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in general IT Infrastructure services
- Exposure to multi office, international IT environments
- Good working knowledge of various desktop operating systems and technologies
- Understanding of networking and storage concepts and products
- Experience with server, network, video, internet and voice hardware
- Proven experience building out new office technology
- Team leader or personnel management experience desirable
- Excellent English language skills (verbal & written)
- Proven ability to autonomously take charge of projects in a multi-site environment
- Broad technical knowledge
- Excellent technical problem-solving and analytical ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within local and global team environments
- Familiarity with operational disciplines such as problem, change and risk management, project management and documentation, and status reporting
- A service orientated business facing approach.
- The ability to deal with business users and management at all levels
- The ability to work collaboratively with others to accomplish shared corporate goals
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks with minimal technical or managerial guidance
- Ability to learn new platforms and technologies and apply this knowledge to business needs
hybris promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris, you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
hybris offers a nice work environment located in Chicago and excellent benefits.
Are you interested?
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to IT Manager.