hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
As a DevOps you will be responsible for automation platform as well as customer environments, where hybris commerce solutions have been deployed and implemented as a cloud service. You will be using hybris and SAP cloud automation platforms. You will typically get involved during the implementation phase of a project and take over the technical responsibility for the site after the go-live. You will work collaboratively with customers, operations, engineering and other team members from hybris to ensure high availability and performance of customers’ sites hosted by hybris Cloud Services on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Your Responsibilities
- Administration, configuration and maintenance of hybris multi-channel commerce software and solutions including base applications (like Apache, Tomcat, Solr)
- Ensuring that the automation platform is working smoothly to perform regular deployments of custom applications and product upgrades across various environments
- Automation using Chef and Puppet
- Collecting and monitoring key metrics and proactive planning of required mid and long term changes and improvements to the overall system
- Troubleshooting and finding resolutions to complex technical problems across multiple tiers (web servers, application servers, DB servers, search cluster, backend services)
- Troubleshooting using dynaTrace and other tools
- Providing 2nd level incident management support based on your expert knowledge of the hybris platform and base applications
- Providing and maintaining technical documentation about the applications and services hosted by hybris Cloud Services
- Maximizing the predictability, efficiency, security and maintainability of operational processes
- This role requires availability for occasional off-hour, on-call support rotations
- Your Qualifications
- Solid skills in Linux administration (Debian, RedHat)
- Experience with Apache servers and good understanding of web protocols
- Expertise in deploying and managing Java applications on Apache Tomcat
- Programing or scripting experience
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks under stressful conditions
- Good English skills - verbal & written
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree, preferably Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Chef/Puppet or other similar automation tools
- Understanding of JVM optimization, tuning and debugging
- Understanding of application performance and tuning
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience in eCommerce
- ITIL Certification(s)
Any of the following would be an advantage:
Are you interested?
Please apply at: email@example.com referring to hybris Cloud Services – DevOps.
It is the policy and practice of hybris to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regards to race, color, age, religion, national origin, gender, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.