SAP Hybris Named a Leader in Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant Report for Digital Commerce
SAP NEWSBYTE — May 17, 2017
SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced that SAP Hybris (SAP)*, a leading provider of omnichannel customer engagement and commerce solutions, has been positioned by Gartner Inc. in the leaders’ quadrant of the April 2017 Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce.
The report states that digital commerce platform vendors offer solutions that support:
- The creation and development of digital relationships with consumers and business customers across multiple retail, wholesale, mobile, direct and indirect sales, digital sales and call center channels
- Organizations in building business-to-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C), B2B2C or any other combination of commerce site
- A range of business objectives, such as reducing costs, generating incremental revenue and enabling transformational business change
The report evaluated 21 providers of digital commerce platforms based on the ability to execute and completeness of vision.
“Today’s digital commerce landscape has, of course, fundamentally changed the way consumers and business people alike shop and interact with the companies they do business with online and across channels,” said Brian Walker, chief strategy officer, SAP Hybris. “We are pleased to be recognized as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant Report for Digital Commerce, which we believe further validates our mission to help B2B and B2C brands deliver the phenomenal shopping experiences their customers expect.”
According to the report, leaders demonstrate the ability to:
- Provide depth and breadth of commerce functionality
- Deliver commerce capabilities across multiple industries and business models
- Deliver commerce platforms that can scale up to support large transaction volumes and high levels of digital commerce gross merchandise volume revenue
- Provide sales and support services both directly and through an ecosystem of application, services and integration partners
- Deliver additional application functionality that integrates with the core commerce platform
The report states, “Leaders also have financial, technical and organizational viability, and they appear consistently on client evaluations of digital commerce vendors. They often set the competitive benchmark against which other vendors compare themselves.”
Download a copy of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce report.
*SAP Hybris is a brand name launched in January 2016 to represent the SAP solutions for customer engagement and commerce as well as the offerings, employees and business of acquired company hybris AG, which continues to be our legal entity until integration with SAP is complete.
About the Magic Quadrant: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.