With operations in 15 countries, hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. hybris enables "OmniCommerce”: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.
hybris is searching for a Consulting Engineer to join it’s team.. As a Consulting Engineer, you must be able to take instruction and learn from more senior team members. The Consulting Engineer works as a consulting team member or an individual technical consultant on product implementation, enhancement, integration, or audit/review projects. Project complexity may vary from fairly straight forward to moderately complex, with single or multiple products and involve multiple environments (web, application, database servers). Work efforts focus primarily on delivering architectural, technical design, development and deployment services on engagements ranging from short-term hybris consulting on a client/partner project team to full life-cycle implementation projects. Duties may be performed at customer’s site. Operates under minimal supervision on medium to large size projects involving multiple products and/or platforms.
- Your Responsibilities
- Quickly ramp up on hybris technologies via formal training classes and hands on customer project work.
- Code development using Java/JSP under the structure of hybris Best Practices.
- Analyzes customers' business requirements and software/product objectives; develops an application design in products to meet customers' needs.
- Serves as a technical advisor and problem solver to clients and partners to assist them in optimizing their use of the hybris product suite to define, build and deploy online e-Commerce (B2B, B2C) applications.
- Estimate time frames, quality and quantity of effort required to successfully implement the project.
- Establish criteria/estimates concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs.
- Participate with hybris project teams in the design, development and deployment of custom hybris e-commerce and content management solutions.
- Conduct periodic status checks with customers and team to assess progress against plan. Performs re-forecasts of project variables as necessary throughout project.
- Contributes to the growth of hybris business through the creation and sharing of knowledge and best practices based on engagement experiences.
- Prepare status reports on project activities.
- Other internal and external, consulting projects as assigned.
- Your Qualifications
- Bachelor degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Mathematics, Software Engineering or a related discipline;
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in Software design, systems integration and software development or consulting.
- Experience in JAVA Object Oriented programming is required.
- Experience with J2EE and Multi-Tier Internet Architecture is an asset.
- Experience in the e-Commerce industry is an asset.
- Knowledge of SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (DBMS), HTTP, HTML and XML is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. (Spanish& English)
- Excellent presentation, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to establish solid working relationships with clients.
- Ability to work effectively as a virtual member of a dynamic, dispersed team (remote), and to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required (60 to 80%).
At hybris, you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
3rd Party Recruiting/Sales calls will not be accepted.
Are you interested?
Please apply at email@example.com, referring to Senior Software Consultant
It is the policy and practice of hybris to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regards to race, color, age, religion, national origin, gender, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.