As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
A Senior Software Engineer is primarily responsible for high-quality application software development based on client requirements. You will take technical lead on numerous development topics for both internal and external developers, ensuring consistent coding standards for the whole project development team as well as mentoring junior team members. This is a technical role and requires strong technical attitude and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Java/Spring based software development
- Integral member of a customer-facing project Scrum team using our successful Agile Project Delivery Framework
- Cross-team alignment to ensure best practice and standards
- Coordinating and delegating backend work to internal and external developers, including the customer team
- Taking technical lead on various development and design activities
- Collaborating with customer developers, business analysts, project managers and other team members
- Taking part in customer-facing activities
- Development of integrations with external systems
- Development of unit and integration tests
- Development of technical best practices and standards ensuring adherence to them
- Mentoring of junior members of the team
- Strong focus on high-quality throughout the entire development process for you and the team
- 5+ years experience developing Java applications
- Experience of Java 6 or above and Java Enterprise technologies
- Experience of Spring 3 or above
- Experience of ORM frameworks, e.g. Hibernate, Toplink, etc.
- Experience of RDBMS, e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience of system integrations, e.g. using JMS, web services, or ETL tools
- Experience and understanding of application performance tuning
- Experience and understanding of design patterns
- Experience of ensuring high quality
DEDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong verbal and written English
- Computer science degree
- Ability to take technical leadership responsibility
Any of the following would be an advantage but not required
- Experience (or strong interest) of agile methods such as Scrum/XP
- Experience of web/mobile application development
- Experience of Spring MVC or any other Spring module, e.g. Integration, Batch, Security, etc.
- Experience of eCommerce projects
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience with infrastructure and deployment processes