hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
A Lead Software Engineer is primarily responsible for ensuring high-quality application software development based on client requirements. You will be responsible for coordinating and delegating tasks as well as reviewing team code to ensure high quality of the solution provided. You will collaborate closely with customers, developers and business analysts to understand the requirements and conduct technical reviews to ensure consistency. This is a technical role that requires strong product knowledge, good leadership skills and a holistic project solution overview.
- Your Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of this role are the following:
- Java/Spring based software development
- Coordinating, splitting and delegating tasks
- Reviewing code of both internal and external team members
- Technical reviews with developers to ensure common understanding
- Providing technical/functional expertise within the team
- Close collaboration with customers and other team member to ensure common business understanding
- Coaching and mentoring junior/external team members
- Technical overview of the solution
- Ensuring high levels of motivation of the team
- Strong focus on high-quality from the team throughout the development process
- Taking part in customer-facing activities
- Assisting in the interview process
- Traveling up to 20% of the time
- Your Qualifications
Ideal candidates for this role will have the following:
- Strong verbal and written English
- Computer Science degree
- Strong customer facing skills
- 5+ years experience developing Java applications
- Experience of using agile methods on projects, e.g. Scrum/XP
- Experience leading teams
- Ability to take technical leadership responsibility
- Experience of Java 6 or higher and Java Enterprise technologies
- Experience of Spring 3 or above
- Experience of ORM frameworks, e.g. Hibernate, Toplink, etc.
- Experience of RDBMS, e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience of system integrations, e.g. using JMS, web services, or ETL tools
- Experience and understanding of application performance tuning
- Experience and understanding of design patterns
- Experience of ensuring high quality
Any of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience of web/mobile application development
- Experience of Spring MVC or any other Spring module, e.g. Integration, Batch, Security, etc.
- Experience of eCommerce projects
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience with infrastructure and deployment processes
Are you interested?
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to Lead Software Engineer – Implementation Services Gliwice.