Technical Account Manager
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
- The Technical Account Manager (TAM) manages the Premier services relationship and plays a pivotal role in ensuring that SAP Hybris is considered and viewed as a key technology partner in the successful operation of the customers IT environment.
- Help position SAP Hybris favorably when technology decisions are made by customers for future needs.
- The TAM is a positive advocate for both the customer and SAP Hybris and will be a professional representative at all times in this Operational role.
- The TAM must be capable of working in a team environment with other technical leaders, engineering staff and customers to solve strategic customer issues. Drive customer satisfaction by proactively establishing regular communications with target customers, answer customer inquiries, provide updates on critical issues and special project management activities.
- Technical Account Management teams are spread globally (Germany, Poland, Canada, US, Australia, China) to ensure 24/7 coverage for customer business.
- Manage, escalate and drive satisfactory resolution of customers’ technical support, service and infrastructure issues
- Proactively and reactively interface with customers on-site in the management of technical issues as well as collaborating in planning, implementation, skills and knowledge transfer and day-to-day operation of SAP Hybris Cloud Services
- Proactively monitor technical issues pertaining to SAP Hybris Cloud Services and make recommendations to reduce the risk / impact of similar future problems
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Service Readiness, Support Engineers, Product Groups and other technical resources
- Occasional availability for out-of-business hours, especially on weekends and public holidays
- Account management experience and / or customer engagement responsibility is also a requirement
- Knowledge of the following is advantageous (Linux, Windows, Java, Database systems, Apache) as well as Project Management experience
- Excellent written and spoken English and German
- Strong problem and troubleshooting skills
- Strong multitasking abilities and quick decision making skills
- ITIL Certification(s) or Technology Certification(s) are considered an asset
- Developer knowledge is considered an asset
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or substantial previous experience
- ideally 5+ years in IT industry
- Account management experience and / or customer engagement responsibility