Study Shows SAP® Hybris® Makes Buying Easy and Increases ROI by 307 Percent
WALLDORF, Germany — October 5, 2017
SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today said that businesses saw a higher return on investment (ROI) after deploying SAP® Hybris® Commerce Cloud solutions, due to centralized data and an improved buyer experience, according to a recent Forrester Consulting study commissioned by SAP Hybris.
The study, The Total Economic Impact of SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud for B2B, analyzed qualitative and financial information from a portion of the thousands of customers who run their Web sites with SAP Hybris solutions. It found that over a three-year period, enterprises using commerce cloud solution reported a US$15.9 million increase in net-new revenue and a 307 percent increase in ROI.
“SAP Hybris Commerce is analogous to what Amazon has done for the B2C market,” a study respondent said.
Organizations all over the world – from retail, travel, telco, professional services, public sector, and finance – rely on SAP Hybris Commerce to foster seamless shopping experiences. Customers include Office Depot Europe B.V., Lids Sports Group, and David Yurman Inc.
According to the study, a composite organization using SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud solutions over three years was able to:
- Drive an additional 50 percent of revenue digitally. Online channels result in fewer order errors and easily connect to back-end databases to ensure a seamless experience.
- Enhance customer experience. Sixty-seven percent of respondents reported an improved customer experience through a simplified buying experience.
- Reduce order processing costs by 70 percent. On average, organizations realized a significant reduction in processing costs due to unifying customer information on one platform.
- Improve productivity across teams. SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud solutions pull data quickly for better information sharing across departments. It provides them with the latest product information and inventory levels to set realistic expectations and timelines with customers.
- Experience a 5 percent increase in average order value. Thanks to integration across product areas, shoppers can automate recurring orders, view their purchase history, and scan offerings recommended based on prior actions and purchases.
“Commerce is a critical component to the customer journey, so it’s imperative that businesses make this part of the experience truly unique,” said Marcus Ruebsam, senior vice president and head of strategy and solution management, SAP Hybris. “As evidenced by this latest study, SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud empowers organizations to make the buying process not only easier, but more profitable. The ability to consolidate customer information from previous interactions and historic purchases is key and underscores the benefit of our technology coupled with an omnichannel strategy.”