At hybris software, an SAP company, we enable our customers to deliver consistent, contextual, and relevant experiences to their customers regardless of channel or device throughout the entire customer journey.
Customer Engagement and Commerce (CEC) – a new line of business from SAP and hybris - is poised to change the face of customer interactions for businesses across the globe. With solutions such as hybris’s Commerce Suite, SAP Cloud for Service, SAP Cloud for Sales and hybris Marketing Platform we are transforming how both B2C and B2B businesses engage their customers. Leading organizations including 3M, Galeries Lafayette Nespresso or Nikon, have chosen CEC Solutions to help support and drive their digital transformations.
Joining CEC means joining a team that promotes an empowered culture and allows all employees to contribute, to inspire and to make a difference. We value people that are committed to delivering superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas. At hybris software you will find a challenging and fun working environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
About hybris Profile
You will work on the real time customer analytics components of hybris Profile, a data platform for analyzing customer interactions, contexts and behaviors to create a continually evolving customer profile, aimed to drive insights and relevance into SAPs Customer Engagement and Commerce (CEC) application portfolio.
Key focus of this role is processing of large data volumes and real-time analytics on a data platform that is designed for maximum scale and flexibility. Our developers working on YaaS (hybris As A Service) choose what languages and frameworks they need to produce the world's leading business solutions - including Java, Scala, Node.js, Akka, Spring and more. We also actively encourage and fund Certifications, Meetups, Hackathons, Dojos and any thing else we can think of to ensure our coders stay at the cutting edge of coolness.
- Work as part of a growing team to design and implement a platform for data collection and analysis, driving customer insights and relevance into our product portfolio
- Act as a subject matter expert in the big data problem space, combining a blend of domain knowledge and implementation know-how
- Take part in the decisions on the technology and actively shape the product
- Provide architectural insight for project goals, develop proofs-of-concept to validate various approaches and assumptions, help carry out the vision from its conception to execution
- Be an active team member and mentor younger colleagues in one of our self-empowered Scrum Teams, producing software according to Agile principles
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent. MS/PhD would be beneficial
- Several years of professional experience in Java and/or JVM based languages and frameworks like Scala, Akka, Spray
- Strong interest in reactive & functional programming
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to wear multiple hats around architecture and software engineering
- Experience with and a true passion for big data challenges
- Experience with Machine Learning would be great, but is not necessarily required
- Cloud-based deployment skills and operational skills would be beneficial
- Ability to work within distributed teams around the globe, in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to write production level code
- Experience with some of the following big data technologies is a plus: Hadoop (HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig), Spark, Storm, Cassandra, MongoDB, Kafka, Mahout
- Experience with SAP products such as SAP HANA, SAP ERP, C4C, hybris Marketing, hybris commerce etc. would be an additional benefit, but is not a must
- Practical experience with graph databases is a plus, e.g., Neo4J, OrientDB, Titan, in-memory databases are of advantage
- Direct experience utilizing Agile methods and practices (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, etc.) would be advantageous
- Good communication skills and fluency in English