hybris is the future of commerce. We need your expertise to strengthen our team in our Chicago office! hybris is searching for a System Admin/Deployment Specialist Consultant to join it’s team. This is a hands on environment support/consulting role.
As a Senior System Admin Consultant, you must be able to take instruction and learn from more senior team members. The Senior System Admin Consultant works as a consulting team member or an individual technical consultant on environment sizings, environment setup, code deployment support, performance monitoring and tuning, integration performance optimization, and/or audit/review projects. Project complexity may vary from fairly straight forward to complex, with single or multiple software products and involve multiple environments (web, application, database servers). Work efforts focus primarily on delivering architectural, technical design, development and deployment services on engagements ranging from short-term hybris consulting on a client/partner project team to full life
- Your Responsibilities
- Possess solid communication, technical and analytical skills. Strong technical foundation that can also focus on optimizing processes and procedures in optimizing customers and clients experience. Ability to express business and technical concepts both verbally and in writing.
- Responsible for assisting customers and partners manage their mission critical, high availability ecommerce applications. Interaction will include coordination with customers, partners and hosting providers.
- Contribute to the standardization and definition of operational procedures.
- Understand how to support the stability and security of a system.
- The ability to identify and understand system bottlenecks and performance issues. Can help remediate issues around security, application tuning, operating systems, networking, server administration, storage, load balancing and connectivity. Ability to troubleshoot beyond the network tier and leverage tools to provide troubleshooting guidance to partners and customers.
- Assist customers and partners with architecting applications and services. This can include participating in a customer or partner’s development process including requirements gathering, quality assurance. Assist with implementations to ensure superb performance and operability under a variety f operating environments and loads.
- Have hands on knowledge around best practices of installation of servers, configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage and taking into account customers and partners project and operational requirements.
- Ability to install and configure ecommerce, b2b and b2c systems and applications and provide guidance and troubleshooting feedback on installation questions.
- Have hands on experience and provide guidance on continuous integration processes – deploying application changes, build and deployment processes and troubleshooting issues around deployment processes. Understand how to patch systems either application or database related and provide.
- Your Qualifications
- Bachelor degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Computer Mathematics, Software Engineering or a related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Software design, systems integration and software development or consulting.
- Experience in administrating, updating and tuning J2EE containers including tomcat, glass fish, weblogic and jboss.
- Experience in configuring, managing, tuning and deploying the LAMP stack.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT Operations and Support, focusing on web based and commerce based solutions.
- Solid understanding of server architectures, operating systems and application resource utilization.
- Operational experience with Linux and system administration is a plus.
- Strong skills in scripting languages.
- Experience with relational databases including Oracle, MySQL and MS SQL Server. Understand what coordination is needed to work with database administration tasks.
- Experience with Load balancers, firewall, storage devices and virtual environments. Experience with working with CDN providers on best practices with implementing a CDN solution within a customer's implementation.
- Preferred experience in administrating ecommerce application.
- Knowledge of code management and deployment tools like Ant, Maven, SVN, Jenkins.
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring tools such as dynatrace, nagios, cacti.
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to System Specialist Consultant .