hybris is the future of commerce. We need your expertise to strengthen our team in our Chicago office!In this position, you will lead the design effort of our hybris In-Store Solutions in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Your role is to design innovative solutions to address real market problems. You will work closely with the product strategy team, marketing managers, user interaction designers, and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
- Your Responsibilities
- Work with end users and development partners to define and assess application and technical requirements and understand the current state of technology to define opportunities that create business value.
- Work with other architects to define the application and technical architecture structure to ensure that the products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements.
- Fully understand the capabilities and limitations of the technical environments.
- Propose, implement and maintain industry best practices in software development
- Lead the hybris application team, if engaged, in technical design and implementation and ensure the product fulfills the requirements.
- Work with the support team to determine how the applications are supported in production, including system performance and project management.
- Your Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- Min. 7 years of experience in an Java development environment
- Experience in retail point-of-sale and other in-store technology
- Experience in architecture and design of SOA platforms
- Experience in eCommerce, Spring based applications, and/or ERP integrations an asset
- Must be used to working to standards and have a structured approach to design.
- Previous customer facing experience, preferably working with business users.
- Good English language skills (verbal & written)
- Highly developed problem solving skills, tenacity, drive, proactive, creativity, sound planning and organizational abilities, strong improvement focus, ability to work in a fast-evolving and fast paced environment.
- Occasional travel required
At hybris, you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
Are you interested?
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org referring to Senior Software Architect – In-Store Solutions
It is the policy and practice of hybris to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regards to race, color, age, religion, national origin, gender, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.