This position is for a senior agile developer to work on one of the SAP Hybris’s agile development teams producing the world’s leading commerce software platform and framework, the SAP Hybris Commerce Suite.
The successful candidate will be based in the SAP Hybris offices in Munich and be a full-time member of a modern distributed, cross-functional, agile software development team.
SAP Hybris promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We continuously embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
- Design, code and test new features for the SAP Hybris Commerce Suite product
- Produce clean, elegant code complying with our high standards and quality requirements
- Use leading technologies and techniques including Java Enterprise Edition, Spring, and Web Services, automated testing and continuous integration
- Participate in high-level, agile, team-based planning, analysis and design activities to architect elegant, scalable solutions that our users and partners delight to use
- Liaise and coordinate with peers in other teams around the world to ensure smooth integration of each teams work into the overall product.
- Work as part of the team to ensure all features meet the quality standards for the product and the team’s definition of ‘done’
- Research and develop improvements for existing features in the SAP Hybris Commerce Suite product.
- Proactively influence the team and the wider organization with innovative and creative technical ideas
- Lead younger colleagues by supporting them in their work and being a role model they can follow
- Contribute to pushing the boundaries of what is possible in omni-channel commerce
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Java Enterprise Edition, Spring and Web Services
- Deep understanding and appreciation of agile software development principles and approaches
- Good verbal and written English is a must
- Knowledge and experience with SAP Hybris Commerce Suite would be hugely beneficial
- Knowledge of automated testing, build and continuous integration frameworks such as JUnit, JMeter, Ant, Gradle, Jenkins or Bamboo would be useful
- A passion for excellence, a strong drive to deliver great software as a team for every release, and an intolerance of mediocrity and poor quality
- At least five years of experience of developing sophisticated web-based software in JEE and Spring frameworks including dependency injection, MVC, and integration
- At least five years of experience working on agile software development teams
- Previous experience developing commerce applications would be beneficial
The job requires occasional travel, once or twice a year, for team planning sessions