hybris is embarking upon a journey to create a comprehensive data management platform that allows collecting large data volumes and real-time live analytics. We particularly focus on the domain of customer data aimed at driving customer insights and relevance into our product portfolio.
The candidate must have a unique blend of both domain knowledge and implementation know-how in the big data problem space. We are seeking someone with experience as an architect as well as hands-on understanding of big data tools and technologies. This person will be instrumental in helping to carry out our vision from its conception to execution.
Come join us to help our customers evolve their existing websites into a commerce platform in the cloud.
- Become the bridge between product management and the development of a platform for data collecting and analyzing
- Deeply understand (and possibly challenge) business requirements and provide a vision of a software implementation
- Work as part of a small team to craft and implement a platform for data collection and analysis
- Develop proofs-of-concept to validate various approaches and assumptions
- Influence and/or decide on technology selection for the platform
- Be an active team member and mentor younger colleagues in one of our self-empowered Scrum Teams, producing software according to Agile principles
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent. MS/PhD in a quantitative subject would be beneficial
- Strong interest in reactive & functional programming
- Ability to work within distributed teams around the globe, in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Deep analytical capability, experience, and understanding of big data problem space. Experience with big data is an advantage
- Ability to write production level code
- Significant hands-on experience in software engineering related fields, e.g., Java web development, data mining, business intelligence, predictive and/or prescriptive analytics
- Experience with several of the following big data technologies: Hadoop (HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Squoop), Spark, Storm, Cassandra, MongoDB, Kafka, Mahout. Practical experience with graph databases, e.g., Neo4J, OrientDB, Titan, in-memory databases are of advantage
- Ability to wear multiple hats around architecture and software engineering
- Direct experience utilizing Agile methods and practices (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, etc.) would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English