The Technical Editor is responsible for editing technical and user information, end-user and developer-oriented product documentation, web pages, and business documentation. The Technical Editor works closely with technical writers and software developers to apply the principles of minimalist writing, topic-based writing, English, grammar, and content reuse strategies. This role is not just about increasing the quality by editing but also by educating writers, showing them common mistakes and teaching them how to write better. It is expected that eventually the Technical Editor spends less time on fixing grammar mistakes and more time on additional education of writers.
- Your Responsibilities
- Provide on-going training on English. Help writers to strengthen their writing skills and improve the grammar.
- Edit business guides, installation guides, system administration guides, user documentation, API, architecture, conceptual documentation for a technical audience in accordance with hybris standards.
- Ensure that hybris product documentation meets defined quality standards.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the hybris Style Guide.
- Identify common errors/inconsistencies in documentation and propose solutions.
- Your Qualifications
- Bachelor's in English, Journalism or other related subjects.
- Preferably a native English speaker.
- Passionate about new technologies.
- Must have exceptional verbal communication, writing, editing, and proofreading skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work with technical professionals at all levels.
- 3+ years’ experience as a technical editor for technical documentation.
- Experience in editing technical documentation, rewriting portions of documents.
- Experience in teaching others how to improve their writing.
- Proven expertise in minimalism.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Familiar with HTML or markup/markdown syntax.
- Knowledge of Git will be a plus.
- Experience in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) will be a plus.
- Knowledge of customizable grammar checker tools (like LanguageTool) will be a plus.
Are you interested?
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to Technical Editor.
It is the policy and practice of hybris to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regards to race, color, age, religion, national origin, gender, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.