hybris software helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
We are currently hiring a Technical Editor who will be responsible for editing technical and user information, end-user and developer-oriented product documentation, webpages, and business documentation. The Technical Editor works closely with technical writers and software developers to apply the principles of minimalist writing, topic-based writing, English, grammar, and content reuse strategies. This role is not just about increasing the quality by editing but also by educating writers, showing them common mistakes and teaching them how to write better. It is expected that eventually the Technical Editor spends less time on fixing grammar mistakes and more time on additional education of writers.
- Your Responsibilities
- Provide on-going training on English.
- Help writers to strengthen their writing skills and improve the grammar.
- Edit business guides, installation guides, system administration guides, user documentation, API, architecture, conceptual documentation for a technical audience in accordance with hybris standards.
- Ensure that hybris product documentation meets defined quality standards.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the hybris Style Guide.
- Identify common errors/inconsistencies in documentation and propose solutions.
- Your Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or other related subjects.
- 3+ years’ experience as a technical editor for technical documentation.
- Preferably a native English speaker.
- Passionate about new technologies.
- Must have exceptional verbal communication, writing, editing, and proofreading skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work with technical professionals at all levels.
- Experience in editing technical documentation, rewriting portions of documents.
- Experience in teaching others how to improve their writing.
- Proven expertise in minimalism writing style.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Familiar with HTML or markup/markdown syntax.
- Knowledge of Git will be a plus.
- Experience in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) is a plus.
- Knowledge of customizable grammar checker tools (like LanguageTool) is a plus.
Are you interested?
Please submit your CV at email@example.com and refer to Technical Editor.
It is the policy and pratice of hybris to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regards to race, color, age, religion, national origin, gender, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics.