hybris is one of the world’s leading eCommerce software companies. From our traditional European base, we continue to expand globally with huge success. We offer a fast growing and dynamic working environment and have exciting opportunities to join the Project Delivery team within our Professional Services division. As a member of this team you will be responsible for implementing eCommerce solutions for our international customers. This team is based at our office in Gliwice.
As a company we have a strong belief in agile development methods. We have used Scrum/XP throughout hybris for several years and for customer projects we have successfully wrapped it in a full project life cycle defined by the DSDM Atern agile project management framework. Together this blend of Scrum/XP/DSDM enables us to deliver successful projects for our customers.
We are looking for people who want to work with exciting new technologies within an agile environment, who want to be part of a dynamic and exciting team that they can influence and help shape, and who want to work with like-minded people.
The Technical Architect is primarily responsible for the quality of the technical solution delivered by the project. They are responsible for defining solution architectures, technical best practices and technical standards, and for ensuring adherence to these by development teams. This is a hands-on technical role and it is essential that this person has good Java development skills and is happy to develop code occasionally.
- Your Responsibilities
- Defining logical and physical solution architectures
- Defining system integration architectures
- Advising and coordinating the team's technical activities
- Managing architectural and technical risk
- Developing technical best practices and ensuring adherence to them
- Defining coding and development standards and ensuring these are followed by the development teams
- Managing technical aspects of the transition of the solution into live use
- Ensuring solution adheres to the non-functional requirements
- Your Qualifications
- Good verbal and written English
- Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years experience in developing with Java Enterprise and web technologies
- 2+ years experience as technical lead on projects
- Experience of Spring Framework
- Experience of system integrations, e.g. file processing, messaging, RMI, web services
- Experience of continuous integration
- Experience (or strong interest) in agile methods such as Scrum/XP
- Experience of Spring-MVC
- Experience of Spring Integration/Camel/ETL tools
We also encourage the innovative use of new technology and ideas. At hybris, you will enjoy working with smart, dynamic co-workers. We value your enthusiasm to do what it takes to deliver superior results to our clients.
Are you interested?
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org referring to Technical Architect (m/f).