hybris is the future of commerce. We need your expertise to strengthen our team in our Chicago office!
With operations in 18 countries, hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. hybris enables "OmniCommerce”: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.
Over 400 companies have chosen hybris, including global B2B sites such as Starbucks, W.W.Grainger and Thomson Reuters as well as consumer brands Bridgestone, P&G, Toys”R”Us, Levi's, and Galeries Lafayette. Both principal industry analyst firms rank our commerce platform among the top two or three in the world.
Join a group of innovative, creative digital experience designers and developers charged with changing the face of digital commerce. We are looking for a few superstars to join our Customer Experience Design team. If you spend your days dreaming up ways to disrupt existing digital models, experiences and user journeys for the better, then you belong with us.
- Your Responsibilities
- Work closely in an agile environment with Product Managers, designers, and software development teams to understand business and technical requirements for the big picture as well as MVP, and translate them into usable, working interfaces
- Lead front-end development efforts for project from conception to implementation
- Administer code reviews
- Help design and maintain front-end code standards and SDKs as appropriate
- Develop interfaces that are cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatible
- Work in close collaboration with UX designers and art directors to constantly check, re-check, and check again how your front-end code meshes with business and functional requirements via wireframes and look and feel via visual designs (.psds)
- Innovate, innovate, innovate on behalf of disruptive digital customer experiences
- Your Qualifications
- Expertise with web application development including responsive and adaptive development
- Experience with native app development (a plus)
- Expertise in developing for performance
- Understanding of web server basics: cookies, database structures, REST, SOAP
- Understanding of at least 1 version control language (SVN or Git)
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming best practices
- Ability to develop, adhere to, and police front-end code standards across product interfaces
- Experience in an ecommerce environment either in-house or in-agency
- Live examples of mobile experience development (optimized, responsive, app, or all of the above)
- Ability to work within creative teams in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written (i.e., writing, editing, and proofing) and oral communication skills
- Insane level of attention to detail and ability to match your UI to any design in a cross-browser environment
- Able to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion
- Strong time management skills and accountability
- Excitement about the industry and the future of digital experiences
- Legitimate desire to be part of the solution, not part of the problem
hybris promotes an accountable culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris, you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
Are you passionated and motivated? Then this position is for you!
Please apply by sending us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org and mentioning the title of Senior User Interface Developer.
We look forward to meeting you!
Note : Only selected candidates will be contacted. We thank you for you interest in hybris!
3rd Party Recruiting/Sales calls will not be accepted.
It is the policy and practice of hybris to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regards to race, color, age, religion, national origin, gender, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.