As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At SAP Hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
We are now excited about recruiting a highly numerate software developer that can help define a suite of optimization algorithms that will be deployed as generic services and used by other product teams to optimize all aspects or ROI, Conversion and CTR rates that are such an essential focus of a modern commerce platform.
This is a varied role where you’ll be defining solutions that capture the data required to create insights and then testable ideas to develop novel optimization algorithms that will then be productized for general use.
We’re looking for exceptional candidates who are highly intelligent, inquisitive and genuine. You’ll need to be a hybrid – with a love of data and statistics and experience or thoughtful awareness of modern distributed software systems. Your sympathies may rest with frequentist or Bayesian approaches but ideally you will use the most appropriate approach for the problem in hand.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help build a new development team and define its professional culture and methodologies.
- Set up and configure data collection tools on live data to collect tracking and goal data
- Exploring data from a range of sources to draw insights into websites and website customer KPI
- Moderating and observing lab based user research across desktop, tablet and mobile devices to gain qualitative insights
- Producing paper prototypes and POCs that will convince your Product Manager to make resource investments
- Briefing the development team to build new concepts into production code
- Internal knowledge sharing and training
- Creating test plans and producing test report documentation
- Project managing optimization programmes with internal product teams, partners and sometimes clients.
- At least degree level in mathematics/statistics or similar field
- Ability to decide whether to use standard mathematical library functions or develop in-house solutions (or a hybrid)
- Good knowledge of modern software practices including microservices, continuous delivery, test driven development, etc.
- 5+ years developing numerical software
- Experience developing production grade software using machine learning algorithms with a focus on reinforcement learning
- Experience working in cloud SaaS environment and able to at least discuss distributed computing issues.