hybris is the future of commerce, and to strengthen our team in Montreal, Canada, we need your help - now!
With operations in 15 countries, hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. hybris enables ’OmniCommerce’: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.
Over 400 companies have chosen hybris, including global B2B sites such as Starbucks, W.W.Grainger and Thomson Reuters as well as consumer brands Bridgestone, P&G, Toys’R’Us, Levi's, and Galeries Lafayette. Both principal industry analyst firms rank our commerce platform among the top two or three in the world.
As a Platform Services Specialist, you will be responsible for customer environments, where hybris commerce solutions have been deployed and implemented as a managed service. You will typically get involved already during the implementation phase of a project and take over the technical responsibility for the site after the go-live. You will work collaboratively with customers, operations, engineering and other team members from hybris to ensure a high availability and performance of customer sites hosted by hybris Managed Services on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Your Responsibilities
- Administration, configuration and maintenance of hybris multi-channel commerce software and solutions including base applications (like Apache, Tomcast, Solr)
- Regular deployments of custom applications and product upgrades across various environments
- Ensuring a sustainable high quality of service by collecting and monitoring key metrics and proactive planning of required mid and long term changes and improvements to the overall system
- Ability to troubleshoot and find resolutions to complex technical problems across multiple tiers (web servers, application servers, DB servers, search cluster, backend services, …)
- Providing 2nd level incident management support based on your expert knowledge of the hybris platform and base applications
- Providing and maintaining technical documentation about the applications and services hosted by hybris Managed Services
- This role requires that you be available for off-hour, on-call support rotations
- Your Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in quantitative field, preferably Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of eCommerce solutions based on Java and web Technologies
- Expertise in deploying and managing Java applications using Java Servlet and Web Containers like Apache Tomcat
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks under stressful conditions
- Experience with Apache web servers and a good understanding of web protocols
- Solid skills in Linux administration (Debian, RedHat) and scripting
- Understanding of application performance and tuning
- Understanding of JVM optimization, tuning and debugging
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or other similar automation tools would be advantageous
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL would be advantageous
- Experience with hybris Commerce Suite would be advantageous, but not essential
- Experience working in managed services or as a third-party IT service provider
- Understanding of application security
- Understanding of virtualization technologies
- ITIL Certification(s) is considered an asset
- Good English skills verbal & written
A challenging and interesting occupation with extensive responsibilities in a company with an open minded culture. You work in an innovative team with flat hierarchy. Excellent opportunities for personal development and performanceoriented salary are guaranteed.
Are you interested?
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org referring to Platform Services Specialist – Managed Services (m/f)
It is the policy and practice of hybris to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regards to race, color, age, religion, national origin, gender, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.