hybris is the future of commerce. To strengthen our team in Gliwice, Poland we need your help - now!
With operations in 15 countries, hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. hybris enables "OmniCommerce”: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.
Over 400 companies have chosen hybris, including global B2B sites such as Starbucks, W.W.Grainger and Thomson Reuters as well as consumer brands Bridgestone, P&G, Toys”R”Us, Levi's, and Galeries Lafayette. Both principal industry analyst firms rank our commerce platform among the top two or three in the world.
As a Platform Services Specialist, you will be responsible for customer environments, where hybris commerce solutions have been deployed and implemented as a managed service. You will typically get involved already during the implementation phase of a project and take over the technical responsibility for the site after the go-live. You will work collaboratively with customers, operations, engineering and other team members from hybris to ensure a high availability and performance of customer sites hosted by hybris Managed Services on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Your Responsibilities
- Administration, configuration and maintenance of hybris multi-channel commerce software and solutions including base applications (like Apache, Tomcast, Solr)
- Regular deployments of custom applications and product upgrades across various environments
- Ensuring a sustainable high quality of service by collecting and monitoring key metrics and proactive planning of required mid and long term changes and improvements to the overall system
- Ability to troubleshoot and find resolutions to complex technical problems across multiple tiers (web servers, application servers, DB servers, search cluster, backend services, ...)
- Providing 2nd level incident management support based on your expert knowledge of the hybris platform and base applications
- Providing and maintaining technical documentation about the applications and services hosted by hybris Managed Services
- This role requires that you be available for off-hour, on-call support rotations
- Your qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in quantitative field, preferably Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of eCommerce solutions based on Java and web Technologies
- Expertise in deploying and managing Java applications using Java Servlet and Web Containers like Apache Tomcat
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks under stressful conditions
- Experience with Apache web servers and a good understanding of web protocols
- Solid skills in Linux administration (Debian, RedHat) and scripting
- Understanding of application performance and tuning
- Understanding of JVM optimization, tuning and debugging
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or other similar automation tools would be advantageous
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL would be advantageous
- Experience with hybris Commerce Suite would be advantageous, but not essential
- Experience working in managed services or as a third-party IT service provider
- Understanding of application security
- Understanding of virtualization technologies
- ITIL Certification(s) is considered an asset
- Good English skills verbal & written
hybris promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris, you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
Are you interested?
Please apply at email@example.com referring to Platform Service Specialist (m/f).