As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP Hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
- work in a dynamic, multi-disciplined, agile, globally distributed team where you will be given the opportunity to let your talent and innovation shine through to make a real contribution in this collaborative and fast-paced environment
- have a voice in direction, functionality, and the technologies adopted.
- design and architect elegant and scalable microservice solutions using state of the art technologies for deployment to YaaS – SAP Hybris’s state of the art cloud platform
A new team is being created to provide optimisation services in the cloud. There will be several consumers of the services, for example conversion services – a collection of functional areas to attract and retain customers and maximise conversion. Those functional areas will span SEO, on-site interactions to aid conversion, through to re-marketing and loyalty. Such applications need to know what action to take at any time, be able to measure and compare the effectiveness of that action, and continually adjust. Central to that is optimisation.
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying microservices to the cloud
- Appreciation of the benefits of microservices in terms of resilience, scalability, performance etc.
- Excellent core Java (including Java 8)
- Understanding of good design principles and patterns
- Experience working in a continuous integration and delivery environment
- Take ownership of, and responsibility for your work
- Be committed to provide the best quality software every time
- Embrace challenges and stay informed of the latest developments in technology and industry best practices
- Enthusiastic about technology
- No specific minimum because some of the people we are looking for are quite junior positions. Obviously with relatively inexperienced candidates it is unreasonable to expect a huge amount of commercial experience in the technologies listed, but we would still hope for people that are involved with microservices, Cloud Foundry etc, although they may not have everything.
- Java (preferably Java 8)
- Cloud Foundry, AWS, etc.
- Spring (incl. Spring Data)
- CI / CD (Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Event Stream Processing (Apache Flink / Storm / Spark / Flume / Kafka)
- Functional Programming
- JAX-RS / Jersey
- Graph Databases