hybris is the future of commerce. We need your expertise to strengthen our team in our Chicago office!
hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
The Documentation Architect is responsible for designing the information structure and maintaining a documentation roadmap for hybris customer-facing technical and user documentation, and mentoring technical writers and other contributing content authors. The Documentation Architect works closely with software development, product management, and other stakeholders to ensure that the roadmap meets the needs of the business and the consumers of the documentation. Provides leadership in process improvement and tools analysis for improving the efficiency of the authoring experience as well as the overall quality of the documentation provided to partners and customers.
- Your Responsibilities
- Plan delivery of documentation to ensure highly accessible, high quality documentation solutions
- Field technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members
- Design and implement efficient authoring processes
- Mentor team members
- Identify user requirements by conducting user analysis, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with community of practice groups and conducting regular customer satisfaction surveys.
- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; and evaluating information representation.
- Implements information architecture by preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback
- Mentor technical writers and software developers to implement appropriate technical writing industry standards and company-specific standards
- Provide on-going training on industry-standard technical writing best practices
- Participate in designing on-boarding curriculum for technical writers
- Your Qualifications
- BA or BS degree in English, Journalism, or related field.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and communication skills.
- 5+ years’ experience as a technical writer in high tech software companies.
- Clear understanding of the software development process.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Familiar with HTML-based documentation solutions.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience designing documentation intended for software developers.
We offer a challenging work environment with abundant opportunities for you to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills. hybris has a flat organizational structure allowing all employees the ability to contribute. We also encourage the innovative use of new technology and ideas. At hybris, you will enjoy working with smart, dynamic co-workers. We value your enthusiasm to do what it takes to deliver superior results to our clients.
Are you interested?
Please apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org referring to Documentation Architect.