hybris software helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a global team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. At hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and a culture of embracing innovative technology and new ideas.
As a member of the Platform DevOps team you perform a variety of roles spanning the delivery, support and management of customer environments where hybris commerce solutions have been deployed and implemented as a managed cloud service.
As a Platform DevOps engineer, you will be involved in the implementation phase of projects as well as having technical responsibility for customer sites after they are live. This will involve working collaboratively with customers, partners and hybris Cloud Services teams to deliver hybris solutions through the project life cycle, as well as providing quality operational support after go-live to ensure high availability and performance of customer sites hosted by hybris Cloud Services.
In addition, you will be involved in the development, maintenance and support of the automation and configuration management solution used to orchestrate infrastructure, manage customer environments, perform automated deployments and so on. You will have many opportunities to demonstrate your abilities, contribute ideas and be a part of both “build” and “run” teams.
This job may include travelling to other hybris offices on an occasional basis.
- Installation, administration and configuration of hybris multi-channel commerce software and solutions, including base applications (Apache, Tomcat, Solr)
- Working closely with project managers, partners, customers, and operations on environment build-outs based on requirements and sizing assessments
- Ensuring a sustainable high quality of service for customer sites by collecting and monitoring key metrics, and proactively planning required changes and improvements to the overall system
- Troubleshooting and finding resolutions to complex technical problems across multiple tiers (web servers, application servers, database, search cluster, integrations, automation platform)
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level incident management support under ITIL based on your expert knowledge of the hybris platform and base technologies
- Planning, reviewing and executing system changes under ITIL
- Application performance diagnosis and tuning using APM tools like dynaTrace
- Performing of automated tests, evaluation of the results and application of changes to systems
- Contributing to the development and support of the hybris Cloud Services automation platform to ensure it is working smoothly to perform regular deployments of custom applications, product upgrades, and configuration changes
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the standards and processes framework supporting the automation platform and hybris Cloud Services product
- Providing and maintaining technical documentation
- This role requires availability to on occasion work flexible hours, as well as occasional participation in off-hour on-call support rotations
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in quantitative field -- preferably Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 – 5 years experience working in a similar role
- Familiarity with eCommerce solutions especially based on Java
- Good understanding of high availability, multi-tier web infrastructure and architectures
- Linux administration skills (Debian, RedHat, or SLES)
- Strong experience with Apache servers and a solid understanding of common web technologies
- Expertise in deploying and managing Java applications on Apache Tomcat
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
- Programming or scripting experience (Java, sh, bash, sed, awk, ruby, python, perl, regex)
- Experience working in managed services or a cloud-based service provider
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation and orchestration concepts
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks under stressful conditions
- Good English skills verbal and written
Any of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience with tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with IaaS technologies on large cloud providers like AWS
- Experience working with or in scrum, Agile, CI/CD collaborations
- Knowledge of JVM optimization, tuning and debugging
- Experience with application performance tuning and APM tools such as dynaTrace or NewRelic
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- ITIL Certification(s)
- Experience in project management