hybris is the future of commerce. To strengthen our team in Montreal, Canad we need your help – now!
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will own the standards for software development lifecycle processes and tools. You will support the project delivery teams as a subject matter expert, enabling the teams to deliver high quality application modules for our B2B/B2C E-Commerce platforms.
- Implementing world-class eCommerce solutions for major international brand customers
- Integral member of a customer-facing project Scrum team using our successful Agile Project Delivery Framework
- Developing Java/Spring based software that extends the hybris platform to provide web/mobile applications and integrations with external systems
- Working with customers, business analysts and testers to understand business requirements and develop code to meet these requirements
- Taking lead on various development activities such as designing and developing specific business components, integrations or larger parts of the solution
- Technical leadership and mentoring of other members of the team. Reviewing code and organizing development tasks for the development team
- Taking part in customer-facing activities, mostly remotely although possibility of occasional travel a few times per year
- Development of business logic to support the customer’s requirements
- Development of web-based applications using Java/Spring
- Development of integrations with external systems
- Development of unit and integration tests
- Development of mobile applications
- Strong focus on high-quality throughout the entire development process
- Working closely with our Quality Assurance team as part of the Scrum team
Ideal candidates for this role will have the following:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent.
- Min. 5 years professional experience of in software development using Java EE.
- Min. 2 years professional experience using Spring framework.
- Experience with transactional and multi-threaded processes.
- Experience with ORM frameworks, e.g. Hibernate, Toplink, etc.
- Experience with unit testing techniques and frameworks.
- Experience with Design patterns and N-Tiers architectures.
- Experience with RDBMS, e.g. Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience with distributed version control system, e.g. Git, Mercurial.
- Experience with build automation tools, e.g. Maven, Gradle.
- Experience of system integrations, e.g. using JMS, web services (REST), or ETL tools
- Experience and understanding of application performance tuning
- Experience of ensuring high quality
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- Excellent soft skills and experience with customer facing activities
- Excellent team player and problem solver with a high level of self-motivation and initiatives
Any of the following would be an advantage but not required:
- Experience (or strong interest) of agile methods such as Scrum
- Experience of web/mobile application development
- Experience of eCommerce projects
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.