Software Development Manager for YaaS
SAP Hybris solutions provide omnichannel customer engagement and commerce software that allows organizations to build up a contextual understanding of their customers in real time. The solutions deliver a more impactful, relevant customer experience and help sell more goods, services and digital content across every touch point, channel and device. Through their state-of-the-art customer data management, context-driven marketing tools and unified commerce processes, SAP Hybris solutions have helped some of the world’s leading organizations attract, retain and grow a profitable customer base.
SAP Hybris software for customer engagement and commerce provide organizations with the foundation, framework and business tools to create a holistic customer view across channels, simplify customer engagement and solve complex business problems.
Want to create massively scalable cloud solutions in the coolest functional and OO Languages? Our coders working on YaaS choose what languages and frameworks they need to produce the world’s leading business solutions – including Java, Scala, Node.js, Akka, Spring and more.
We also actively encourage and fund Certifications, Meetups, Hackathons, Dojos and anything else we can think of to ensure our coders stay at the cutting edge of coolness.
The main responsibility of the Software Development Manager is to manage people and processes to ensure on-time delivery of a quality product. We expect you to achieve it by:
- Ensuring quality by making sure that teams comply with non-functional requirements and apply proven development practices like automated testing
- Fostering a culture of collaboration via constructive communication and encouraging consistent approaches to common issues across teams
- Identifying and communicating to stakeholders obstacles, and work with the team and stakeholders to overcome challenges
- Line management responsibilities: hiring and on-boarding, performance reviews, career development support
- Optimal team staffing - “Get the right people on the bus in the right seats”
- Translating the company’s high-level strategy to tactical initiatives for our teams
- Cultivating strong teams and keeping working practices and team agreements healthy
- Continuously improving the way we work to ensure delivery of a quality product
- Enabling and fostering creativity and innovation within those processes
- Helping teams adapt to our rapidly changing corporate and industry landscape
- Setting the expectations for teams and individuals, defining goals and KPIs for teams, and measuring them
- Extensive knowledge and experience with full software development life cycle, from design through implementation and testing until maintenance
- Proven experience and very good understanding of lean and agile software development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work and contribute to a collaborative working culture
- Agile mindset, with attitudes of respect, collaboration, improvement and learning cycles, pride in ownership, focus on delivering value, and the ability to adapt to change
- Experience with recruitment and team building
- Experience in leadership, preferably in a software development context
- Experience with employee performance review
- Team and individual coaching skills
- Very good verbal and written English
- Open-minded personality
- minimum of 2-3 years in a management role