Platform Implementation Expert (m/f)
hybris is the future of commerce. We need your expertise to strengthen our team in our Boston office!
With operations in 18 countries, hybris is the fastest-growing independent provider of commerce software. We help companies around the globe sell more goods, services, and digital content through every touchpoint, channel and device. hybris enables "OmniCommerce”: state-of-the-art master data management and unified commerce processes that give a business a single view of its customers, products, and orders, and gives its customers a single view of the business.
Over 400 companies have chosen hybris, including global B2B sites such as Starbucks, W.W.Grainger and Thomson Reuters as well as consumer brands Bridgestone, P&G, Toys”R”Us, Levi's, and Galeries Lafayette. Both principal industry analyst firms rank our commerce platform among the top two or three in the world.
As an eCommerce Implementations Specialist for Managed Services, you will be responsible for all aspects of customer environments where hybris eCommerce solutions are deployed and implemented as a managed service. You will work collaboratively with customers, operations, engineering and other implementation team members to deploy, manage, diagnose and debug hybris solutions. This job includes some travelling (up to 20%) to customers, partners or other hybris offices.
- Your Responsibilities
- Installation, administration and maintenance of hybris eCommerce software and solutions
- Providing pre- and post-implementation documentation
- Work closely with project managers, partners, customers, and operations on environment buildouts based on requirements and sizing assessments
- Perform scheduled application code deployments following detailed procedures
- Configuring, managing, monitoring and debugging software (Apache, tomcat, Solr, hybris platform)
- Diagnosing integration and performance problems and implementing engineering workarounds
- Documenting, reporting, tracking and implementing fixes for software problems
- Represent hybris toward clients and partners and provide first class technical support and hybris application support to them during the projects
- Your Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in quantitative field, preferably Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of eCommerce solutions based on Java and web Technologies
- Expertise in deploying and managing Java applications using tomcat
- Solid Linux administration skills
- Solid skills in Apache web servers and web protocols
- Solid documentation skills
- Understanding of application performance tuning, JVM optimization, debugging
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef or similar would be an asset
- Solid scripting skills (sh, bash, sed, awk, ruby, python, perl, regular expressions)
- Experience working in managed services or a cloud-based service provider
- Understanding of application security and of virtualization technologies
- ITIL Certification(s) is considered an asset
- Experience with APM tools such as DynaTrace are considered an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours, on occastion, as needed
- Willingness to continously learn new technologies and methodologies
- Good English skills verbal & written
At hybris, you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
Are you interested?
Please apply at email@example.com referring to Platform Implementation Expert Chicago (m/f).
It is the policy and practice of hybris to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regards to race, color, age, religion, national origin, gender, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.