SAP Hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device.
Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At SAP Hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
About hybris Profile
You will work on the real time customer analytics components of hybris Profile, a data platform for analyzing customer interactions, contexts and behaviors to create a continually evolving customer profile, aimed to drive insights and relevance into SAPs Customer Engagement and Commerce (CEC) application portfolio. Key focus of this role is processing of large data volumes and real-time analytics on a data platform that is designed for maximum scale and flexibility.
Our developers working on YaaS (hybris As A Service) choose what languages and frameworks they need to produce the world's leading business solutions - including Java, Scala, Node.js, Akka, Spring and more. We also actively encourage and fund Certifications, Meetups, Hackathons, Dojos and any thing else we can think of to ensure our coders stay at the cutting edge of coolness.
These are considered basic capabilities for this position:
- Up to 5 years professional or equivalent experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, optimization, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
- Strong knowledge of and recent experience programming in Java, preferably 1.7 or 1.8, including good working knowledge of object-oriented programming disciplines
- Professional experience writing RESTful web services with JSON
- Experience with dependency injection, we use Spring
- Experience writing unit and integration tests, and knowing the difference
- Experience developing in an enterprise environment, including good working knowledge of source control and continuous integration techniques. We use Git and Bamboo here.
- Desire to use your brain and your coding skills to solve challenging problems
- Desire to work in a collaborative team and participate fully in an agile software development process
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline or equivalent vocational experience
Having some or all of these traits will improve your chances:
- Experience dealing with large streams of data, especially Apache Storm or Flink
- Working knowledge of distributed computing issues techniques like securing calls, avoiding deadlocks, and non-deterministic packet ordering
- Experience with functional programming paradigms like immutability and writing side-effect free methods
- Hands-on experience with non-relational databases
- Understanding of microservices architecture and the problems it addresses
- Understanding of the basics of graph algorithms and data structures
- Ability to follow good engineering practices and also to hack, and the wisdom to know when each is appropriate
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation understandable to technical and non-technical audiences as appropriate
- Ability to move quickly to learn from mistakes, make adjustments, and move forward
- Willingness to learn new technologies and approaches, then teach them to the rest of the team