hybris is the future of commerce. To strengthen our team in Montreal, Canada we need your help – now!
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
As a Platform Service Engineer/Expert you will be responsible for automation platform as well as customer environments, where hybris commerce solutions have been deployed and implemented as a cloud service. You will be using hybris and SAP cloud automation platforms. You will typically get involved already during the implementation phase of a project and take over the technical responsibility for the site after the go-live. You will work collaboratively with customers, operations, engineering and other team members from hybris to ensure a high availability and performance of customer sites hosted by hybris Cloud Services on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Administration, configuration and maintenance of hybris multi-channel commerce software and solutions including base applications (like Apache, Tomcat, Solr)
- Management and maintenance of the hybris Cloud Services automation platform to ensure it is working smoothly to perform regular deployments of custom applications and product upgrades across various environments
- Automation of processes and services using Chef, Puppet and other automation tools
- Ensuring a sustainable high quality of service of customer sites by collecting and monitoring key metrics and proactive planning of required mid and long term changes and improvements to the overall system
- Ability to troubleshoot and find resolutions to complex technical problems across multiple tiers (web servers, application servers, DB servers, search cluster, backend services, automation platform)
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level incident management support based on your expert knowledge of the hybris platform and base applications
- Providing and maintaining technical documentation about the applications and services hosted by hybris Cloud Services
- Maximize the predictability, efficiency, security and maintainability of operational processes.
- Troubleshooting and tuning of applications and platforms using APM tools like dynaTrace
- Perform automated tests, evaluate the result and apply changes to systems and application
- This role requires availability for occasional off-hour, on-call support rotations
- Solid skills in Linux administration (Debian, RedHat, SLES)
- Experience with Apache servers and good understanding of web protocols
- Expertise in deploying and managing Java applications on Apache Tomcat
- Programing or scripting experience
- Understanding of e-Commerce solutions based on Java and web technologies
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks under stressful conditions
- Good English skills verbal & written
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in quantitative field, preferably Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
Any of the following would be an advantage:
- Experience with Chef/Puppet or other similar automation tools
- Understanding of JVM optimization, tuning and debugging
- Understanding of application performance and tuning
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- ITIL Certification(s)